In This Month's Issue of Checking In:
Greetings Members and Friends!
“What did you do this summer?” A few months from now, school-kids everywhere will be asked to write an essay on this. What a wonderful journaling prompt for persons of any age! As we turn our attention to outdoor activities, trips and warm summer evenings, I notice an opportunity to be as carefree and full of anticipation as any kid with three months off. Work and other responsibilities continue, but that unique Summer exuberance is always available to embrace.
Warm Summer Sun
by Mark Twain
Warm summer sun,
Shine kindly here,
Warm southern wind,
Blow softly here.
Green sod above,
Lie light, lie light.
Good night, dear heart,
Good night, good night.
Greg Peters CPCC, ACC
ICF San Francisco Bay Area Coaches
Welcome to the following new members:
East Bay: Farhana Huq, Kym Cadle
North Bay: Jill Williams, Travis Trotter
San Francisco: Jim Donovan, Gina Zappariello, Andrew Elkind
South Bay: None this month
Undesignated: Elaine Rosenblatt
New members, please be sure to set up your profiles so that prospective clients (and your fellow coaches!) can find you!
Magnetize Your Marketing To Attract Your Ideal Clients
As independent professional coaches, you know that the sales presentation is the best way for a prospective client to decide whether or not to choose you for coaching. You want to master this pivotal conversation with your prospective clients so that:
The prospect feels "taken care of" from beginning to end.
The prospect has a clear sense of the value of your services.
The prospect is in a position to choose powerfully whether or not to buy your services.
To produce increase sales, you must present yourself and your services through a highly personal yet repeatable approach to selling. With interactive exercises and critical distinctions, Clint walks you through 6 comprehensive steps that you can employ right away to help your business grow.
**This is a highly engaging and interactive program that must be experienced in-person. We will not be offering a live-stream option**
Wednesday June 12, 2013 6:30-9pm
Hotel Nikko San Francisco
FREE for members. Cost for guests is $20.
From the Mouth of the Leadership Director of SFBAC:
It’s Kellie J. Barrow. I have been a chapter member for 4 ½ years. I like being a member so much I joined the board! I am now the Membership Director and I can tell you first hand what the benefits are to becoming a member. Here’s my view in my unique, quiet-as-a-bullhorn fashion:
Benefits of Becoming a Member
1) Having a sense of belonging
2) Keeping in the loop of the latest coaching events
3) Staying up to date on what is happening in the coaching world
4) Boosting endorphins from meeting other coaches in person
5) Leaving a meeting with a nugget or Aha! that will put a skip in your step until the next meeting
6) Sprucing up your business wardrobe by taking a deeper look in your closet and finding some nice digs to use when you have a reason to go out to be in San Francisco with other coaches!
There you have it! I hope at least some of these appeal to you – come check us out!
4 reasons I love the new Coachfederation.org
In today's world, where Web presence is everything, a good website is as much mandatory as it is vital. At the ICF, the Internet expands our reach to advance the art, science, and practice of coaching, and allows our growing global community to stay connected.
A new ICF website has been on the agenda for quite a while. We realize that in order to enhance our global reach and improve our communication strategy, Coachfederation.org needed an upgrade to reflect ICF's professional, passionate community while serving the general public.
I am happy to say that after many months of designing and testing, ICF Global launched a new and improved website and blog at Coachfederation.org last month. The new website was redesigned with user experience in mind. It's all about letting users experience the ICF community.
Have you had the opportunity to explore the new Coachfederation.org? The most obvious change is the clean design and ease of use. When it comes to new features, I have highlighted five reasons I love the new Coachfederation.org...read on to see what made my list:
1. Member and event alerts. On the Member and Event landing pages, you will notice up-to-date alerts or information you need to know pertaining to membership or events. This is a great place to visit frequently to see what's new.
2. News and Communication Room. In addition to the ICF Press Room (where ICF Global press releases are housed), there is now a News and Communication Room that houses ICF membership and other news. The best part? You can subscribe to the RSS feed to receive new posts directly in your email inbox.
3. Feature images on home page. Every time you refresh your browser, a new featured image will appear. These images highlight unique things about the ICF community.
4. Easy access to the ICF Blog. The two newest blog posts show up on the Coachfederation.org home page and the blog is much easier to access.
I do hope you have the opportunity to explore the new Coachfederation.org and ICF Blog. There is a lot to offer you! What would you add to my list? Share with us on Facebook!
Have a great month!
Warm regards,?Dr. Damian Goldvarg, MCC?2013 ICF President
We hope you found this issue of Checking In fun and helpful! It is our goal to provide you with information that is useful to you as a Coach, and to help members and friends share their announcements with this community. If you would like to submit an announcement, please contact Communications@sfbayareacoaches.org. Submissions are due by the 25th of each month.
Susan T. Blake
ICF San Francisco Bay Area Coaches