Happy spring from all of us! It feels like the flowers on our SFBAC tree are about to bust out shortly too as we move more fully into the intentions of this year.
We all learned some valuable information in the panel discussion on LinkedIn this week, and are looking forward to other learning opportunities from our upcoming speakers.
We at SFBAC were exclusively invited to participate this week in the Coaches Corner at the Lead-On Conference for Women in Silicon Valley which was deliciously inspirational! We coached around 200 women, spreading the knowledge and power of coaching. In addition, we enjoyed the privilege of hearing Brene Brown and Hillary Clinton speak. We would love to participate in such energetic events more often in the future. With this success in mind, we are actively working towards celebrating International Coaching Week in similar ways in May.
The third exciting piece of news is that we are very likely to move our operations and monthly program to the Impact Hub on 5th and Mission in what used to be the Chronicle Building. Our motivation revolves around finding more resonance in this vibrant and creative environment where others are also working on holistic, mindful ventures towards a positive future. The Impact Hub also has the flexibility we seek to enable workshops and other events should we want to pursue such ventures, especially with you, our members.
And this busy, active month is finishing off with the advent of Wisdom 2.0 which started in San Francisco today. Here is another place we ought to show a presence next year, offering a Coaching Corner to serve those attending. So stay tuned, connect with us, collaborate on the projects we’re pursuing, and join us as we move on into a more exciting space to move into the future!
We’re happy to announce the following new and returning members:
East Bay - Heidi Rosenfelder
San Francisco - Vitalia Fedossova, Regina Fletcher
Santa Cruz - Lisa Hamil
SFBAC Makes a Mark at Watermark LEAD ON Conference
Photo Credit: Watermark’s Storify Blog
Twenty SFBAC members coached two hundred conference attendees at the Watermark LEAD ON Conference, Tuesday February 23rd at the Santa Clara Convention Center. With keynote speakers of caliber such as Hillary Rodham Clinton, Brene Brown and Diane Von Furstenburg, this was a high-profile event for SFBAC.
Our Coaches Corner was set up in a large space in the Conference Center. Then, beginning at 7:30 am, a steady stream of attendees came to explore coaching, get assistance with their career plans, and otherwise create their most genuine lives through insights gained with coaching.
As one of the coaches in the Coaches Corner, I was privileged to coach about 10 women from all over the country on topics as diverse as writing, family balance, career path, and spiritual practices. It is my hope, and that of the board, that this event will help us be known as the go-to-group for coaching. The membership and events committees will be looking for ways to take this to the next level for the future. Please contact us if you have ideas of how we might evolve our presence in the Bay Area.
— Gail Whipple
At the Handlery Hotel, 351 Geary Street, San Francisco
LiveStream our monthly meetings taking place in San Francisco - all you have to do is register on our website and you’ll receive instructions on how to view from your computer.
Created by the community at large, these events are all over the place, literally and figuratively! By way of example, South Bay is experimenting with gathering on Saturday morning after the meeting for breakfast to discuss our livestream experience and come up with a plan for growing our local gathering.
If you’re interested in championing a local gathering, contact Gail Whipple (firstname.lastname@example.org) for tips. In the meantime, as of press time, here are current local champions you can contact for more info:
Wednesday March 11th 2015 6:30-9:00pm (6:30-7:00 networking)
FREE for members. Cost for guests is $20.
To register for attending in San Francisco, at a local gathering, or individual live stream session, Click here.
Bill Baren: Secrets To Banish Underearning and Undercharging Forever
Bill Baren is a self-made entrepreneur and a mentor to tens of thousands of business owners in 42 countries around the world, helping them start and grow businesses that create extraordinary lives. Bill has had four businesses that have grossed over 100 million dollars combined, over their lifespan.
In this special evening, Bill will teach you how you can stop undercharging for your services – and instead, how you can radically boost your income. However, this isn’t just about raising your fees. You’ll learn how you can offer your deepest, most transformational work to clients, while being generously paid for it.
Learn How to Immediately Transform Your Business to Bring In More Money and Clients In 2015... With Greater Ease and Fulfillment Than You Imagined Possible:
- The single biggest mistake you're making that will hold you back from unleashing your earning potential in 2015 and what you can do about it
- The first big shift you need to make to boost your business income by $100K in the next year
- The one big income shift Bill made that alone resulted in $1 million of new income for his business last year (Bill normally reserves this strategy for his private clients)
- A new way of marketing that leads people to naturally gravitate toward your work (vs having to chase after people)
- Three powerful money mindset shifts that will help you break through blocks and make it easier to get all the income you want whenever you want it
- We invite you to change the world, to be part of a community who is bringing their highest potential and deepest heart and wisdom into the world. The goal of the event: to give you inspiration, insights, and ideas that you can convert into action. If you’re ready to attract more money, more miracles, and more joy in your life, join us!
About Bill Baren
As founder of Bill Baren Coaching, Bill has become known worldwide as a transformational business coach. Over 50,000 business owners from 42 countries people have participated in Bill’s online and live trainings. Bill’s purpose is to help conscious business owners make more money with their gifts by enrolling all the clients they want so they can make the difference they are here to make. He is the creator of the Big Shift Experience, Conscious Business Network, Get Clients in Your Backyard, the Teleseminar Enrollment System, Time Mastery Program, Premium Packages Success System, and Master of Enrollment.
Bill loves hosting dinner parties with his wife, can’t get enough of movies and has been an American Idol fan for over ten years (shhhh).
CCEU Credits: 1.5
Refund Policy: ICF SFBAC maintains high standards for its programs and speakers. Even so, we cannot guarantee that every program will resonate with every viewer. ICF SFBAC therefore maintains a "No Refunds" policy for viewer satisfaction with program content. Refunds will be considered for cancelled programs or technical failures at the point of origin (refunds are not available if the program is not viewable due to technical failure at the Purchaser's end).
The Leadership Circle offers Profile Certification
Leadership Circle Profile Certification: San Francisco June 17-19, and Nov. 18-20, 2015
Grow your practice - take coaching deeper. Master three breakthrough assessments that will add velocity to your client's leadership effectiveness: Leadership Circle Profile 360 ™ (LCP), Manager Edition™ 360, and Leadership Culture Survey™ for teams and entire organizations.
Only LCP measures leadership competencies (what's going on) and reactive
behaviors (why it's happening). That's why leading organizations, consultants/coaches, and top universities consider our assessments their "strategic advantage".
Take a Free Test Drive Demo - Register for Certification
• ICF approved for 20.85 hours CCEU
The Leadership Circle Profile is:
• More Revealing–It 's the only 360 linking leadership competencies to core beliefs governing behavior.
• More Advanced–Instantly reveals key opportunities for your executive’s development. No reams of documentation. Enables coaching to start at a breakthrough rather than require months trying to reach one.
• More Than Just an Assessment–Rich theoretical underpinnings of LCP provide pathways to transformation. No other tool offers this.
• More Efficient–It's easy to use. Allows a coach to meet leaders “where they are” without spending valuable coaching time finding out where that is.
"After nearly 1000 coaching sessions with many instruments, LCP has led to the best 1-on-1 coaching sessions I have EVER experienced! It goes beyond feedback on behaviors and competencies (which it includes) to the source: core beliefs and assumptions out of which those behaviors live." David Womeldorff, author, coach, Former Consulting Director of Bank One Corporation’s Learning and Leadership Development.
Calling All Coaches: International Coaching Week is Coming
May 18-24 2015 is ICW and we’re building on our great success last year, offering coaching at SCORE and doing renegade coaching in Union Square. Fill out this google form or contact Tina Ambrosini (email@example.com) for more deets - slots fill quickly for these popular events. Here’s the proposed schedule so far:
- Monday, May 18: Under construction
- Tuesday, May 19: Coaching & Mentoring w/ SF SCORE: Need 8-12 volunteer coaches beginning at 9am – 4:30pm *please let me know what times you are available and how long you are willing to coach for that day - flexibility helps!
- Wednesday, May 20: Under construction
- Thursday, May 21: Coaching & Mentoring w/ SF SCORE: Need 8-12 volunteer coaches beginning at 9am – 4:30pm *please let me know what times you are available and how long you are willing to coach for that day - flexibility helps!
- Friday, May 22: Renegade Coaching in Union Square: Need as many coaches as possible for Flash Mob coaching in Union Square – meet at the Handlery Hotel lobby at 11:30am. Coaching in Union Square from 12noon – 4pm. Critical mass makes a critical difference!
Submissions for Future Newsletters
We hope you found this issue of Checking In fun and helpful. Our goal is to provide you information useful to you as a coach, and to help members and friends share their announcements with this community. Please submit announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions are due by the 25th of each month.