As we spring forth to April, I have to look back and tell you March was an amazing month.
The unexpected highlight was the 4-day ICF-Global Leadership Forum in Atlanta where about 175 ICF leaders from 53 countries came together to meet, mingle, and make history in 2015, this 20th anniversary of the organization. It was magical to feel the energy, share meaningful encounters, and be a part of setting the intention for the future… and a much-needed reminder of the power of meeting in-person, as a group, for deeper connection to take place.
In addition, people from other chapters were impressed with the collaborative functioning of our board this year, and some have called us for support in implementing something similar in their chapter.
- Peter Docker gave an inspiring keynote address based on Simon Sinek’s work, “Start with Why,” and expanded on it. There is a possibility he might be able to speak for us in October.
- Fields Wicker-Miurin was equally inspirational with her emotional appeal for global collaboration towards the benefit of the common good in the world!
- We are also on-track to moving our monthly meetings to a vibrant, inspirational space at the Impact Hub in San Francisco in the old Chronicle Building on 5th and Mission. Our next meeting will be held at the Handlery Hotel, but we’re hoping to gather at the Impact Hub by May. We will certainly keep you informed. So please renew your membership to be a part of the offerings! …and inquire about becoming a participant on our board if the opportunity for collaboration interests you.
Here’s wishing all the best of spring when the greens are greener, and the flowers most fragrant. May all of your energies burst through with a delightful spurt of growth.
We’re happy to announce the following new and returning members:
East Bay - Agathe Pin, Christina Otero
South Bay - Inna Tregub
North Bay - Teri McClanahan
San Francisco - Pam Daghlian, Suzanne Teer
Santa Cruz - Rebecca Perry
Outside of SF Bay Area - Paula Olmstead, Kelly Hansen
At the Handlery Hotel, 351 Geary Street, San Francisco
LiveStream our monthly meetings taking place in San Francisco - all you have to do is register on our website and you’ll receive instructions on how to view from your computer.
Created by the community at large, these events are all over the place, literally and figuratively! By way of example, South Bay is experimenting with gathering on Saturday morning after the meeting for breakfast to discuss our livestream experience and come up with a plan for growing our local gathering.
If you’re interested in championing a local gathering, contact Gail Whipple (firstname.lastname@example.org) for tips. In the meantime, as of press time, here are current local champions you can contact for more info:
Wednesday April 8th 2015 6:30-9:00pm (6:30-7:00 networking)
FREE for members. Cost for guests is $20.
To register for attending in San Francisco, at a local gathering, or individual live stream session, Click here.
Soul Naming presented by Melanie DewBerry
Do you struggle with how to talk about yourself? Maybe, you’re over talking hoping to convince your potential client. Or worse, you give away more of your service or product to prove you’re good. You struggle with how to articulate what you do. You’ll say it ten different ways; each time losing your confidence and your audience.
It’s time to talk Soul Naming. No trend, flash or boring bullet points. This is a resonant based conversation.
Why Soul Naming? Because, story is the greater connector and bypasses resistance… Because your soul wants in your business… Soul Identity Branding speaks gives your clients a right brain vision of what you can do for them.
Melanie can name you, and give you language to speak about your services and products.
CCEU Credits: 1.5
Refund Policy: ICF SFBAC maintains high standards for its programs and speakers. Even so, we cannot guarantee that every program will resonate with every viewer. ICF SFBAC therefore maintains a "No Refunds" policy for viewer satisfaction with program content. Refunds will be considered for cancelled programs or technical failures at the point of origin (refunds are not available if the program is not viewable due to technical failure at the Purchaser's end).
The Leadership Circle offers Profile Certification
Leadership Circle Profile Certification: San Francisco June 17-19, and Nov. 18-20, 2015
Grow your practice - take coaching deeper. Master three breakthrough assessments that will add velocity to your client's leadership effectiveness: Leadership Circle Profile 360 ™ (LCP), Manager Edition™ 360, and Leadership Culture Survey™ for teams and entire organizations.
Only LCP measures leadership competencies (what's going on) and reactive
behaviors (why it's happening). That's why leading organizations, consultants/coaches, and top universities consider our assessments their "strategic advantage".
Take a Free Test Drive Demo - Register for Certification
• ICF approved for 20.85 hours CCEU
The Leadership Circle Profile is:
• More Revealing–It 's the only 360 linking leadership competencies to core beliefs governing behavior.
• More Advanced–Instantly reveals key opportunities for your executive’s development. No reams of documentation. Enables coaching to start at a breakthrough rather than require months trying to reach one.
• More Than Just an Assessment–Rich theoretical underpinnings of LCP provide pathways to transformation. No other tool offers this.
• More Efficient–It's easy to use. Allows a coach to meet leaders “where they are” without spending valuable coaching time finding out where that is.
"After nearly 1000 coaching sessions with many instruments, LCP has led to the best 1-on-1 coaching sessions I have EVER experienced! It goes beyond feedback on behaviors and competencies (which it includes) to the source: core beliefs and assumptions out of which those behaviors live." David Womeldorff, author, coach, Former Consulting Director of Bank One Corporation’s Learning and Leadership Development.
Calling All Coaches: International Coaching Week is Coming
May 18-24 2015 is ICW and we’re building on our great success last year, offering coaching at SCORE and doing renegade coaching in Union Square. Fill out this google form or contact Tina Ambrosini (email@example.com) for more deets - slots fill quickly for these popular events. Here’s the proposed schedule so far:
Monday, May 18: Under construction
Tuesday, May 19th: Speed Coaching at The Hub Spot. Need 8-12+ volunteer coaches
Wednesday, May 20th: Coaching & Mentoring w/ SF SCORE
Thursday, May 21: Onsite coaching with Yelp
Friday, May 22: Renegade Coaching in Union Square
Submissions for Future Newsletters
We hope you found this issue of Checking In fun and helpful. Our goal is to provide you information useful to you as a coach, and to help members and friends share their announcements with this community. Please submit announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions are due by the 25th of each month.